Are you curious to amp up your electric vehicle knowledge and learn why they are important for Ottawa? You’ve come to the right place!
EV Experience exists to help Ottawa area residents gain a better understanding of the benefits of electric vehicle use. Together we are offering:
- This website, where you will find up-to-date, relevant information in plain language about electric vehicles. And if you have questions you can’t find an answer to, our experts are here to help
- Educational events and free EV Test Drives across the Ottawa region – bringing EVs to all communities, including those typically underserved by electric vehicle education
- The addition of five electric vehicles to Ottawa’s car share fleet, to give all Ottawa drivers an opportunity to get around town carbon-free
Why are EVs important?
- The City of Ottawa declared a climate emergency in 2019, as did the Government of Canada.
- Today there are around 1.4 billion cars in use across the globe. Here in Ottawa, transportation produces 42% of our greenhouse gas emissions.
- The City of Ottawa projects that 90% of all new vehicles sold must be zero emissions by 2030, a target that is in line with the federal mandate to reach 100% zero-emission vehicle sales by 2035.
Whether by purchasing, renting, or supporting progressive electric vehicle policies we all have a role to play.
Coordinated by Ottawa-based environmental not-for-profit EnviroCentre, EV Experience is the result of a strong partnership among local organizations committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions in our city: the Electric Vehicle Council of Ottawa, Communauto, the City of Ottawa, Hydro Ottawa, the Ottawa Climate Action Fund and SMARTNet Alliance.
EV Experience is made possible by a financial contribution from Natural Resources Canada. Additional funding has been provided by the Ottawa Climate Action Fund – an initiative of the Ottawa Community Foundation, as well as from the Ottawa Community Foundation. Financial contributions from Communauto, EVCO, and CAA have also made important pieces of this project possible.